Dengue fever is a painful and devastating disease that is generated by mosquito bite. As per the reports every year around 390 million dengue fever cases occur in the world. The current dengue fever spread in the national capital has made many people sick as well. Here are some important facts about dengue you must know:
It is a tropical area generated disease primarily originated in Southeast Asia, Southern China, Taiwan, Pacific Islands, Africa, Mexico, etc.
- Dengue fever is transmitted through the bite of Aedes Mosquito who is affected by the virus of Dengue Fever.
- It is also known as “Break Bone” fever because of the immense pain that it causes to the joints of the body.
- Symptoms of Dengue fever includes:
- Sudden, high fever
- Severe headaches
- Pain behind the eyes
- Severe joint and muscle pain
- Skin rash, which appears two to five days after the onset of fever
- Mild bleeding (such a nose bleed, bleeding gums, or easy bruising)
- The symptoms of dengue can lead to massive bleeding, shock, and death. This is known as Dengue Shock Syndrome (DSS).
- The mosquito bearing Dengue Virus only bites in the daytime and becomes inactive during nights.
- It germinates in a pool of clean waters, This is the reason you are advised to keep your surroundings free from any water pooling.
- Treatment: The initial treatment of dengue is mild paracetamol in the later stages when a patient loses platelet counts, blood transfusion is the alternate. A patient must drink ample of liquids and eat fruits to avoid platelet loss.
- Aspirin is a big no in the case of Dengue as it might worsen the bleeding if any.
Keep these points in mind and you will surely be able to fight dengue this season.